Friday, September 26, 2008

Act II

Now we had the thing stripped to the bare metal, and the entire outer shell had to be removed and lifted off the base in order to completely replace the rotten floor.



The black poles are holding up the entier outer shell so that the floor can be worked on in sections.




Once the new floor was braced in, we filled the spaces with insulation before laying new subfloor.

This was a big feat and took weeks, working in the sub zero temperatures outside in the Maine winter..are you getting the feeling of how FUN this was?!?

2 comments:

eugeena said...

Well, what happened? I'm going to start this process with a camper that I just bought and I need to know the rest of the story!

clhcrissy said...

Please post updates, I bought a 1965 Shasta and I am dying to see what you did!