Saturday, September 27, 2008
By the end of day 2, there was a large pile of debris blocking the entrance to the camper. The only entrance.
As we tore the rubble out, we found more and more deterioration, rot and filth.
Did I mention that it was still pouring rain? Ever handled wet pink fiberglass insulation? 40 year old insulation? Good times for all.
Sadly, some of the artwork is no longer with us.
This may be the floor being torn out, but by then, all of the surfaces had begun to look (and smell) the same.
This is the trailer that we loaded, only to unload in the rain because the trailer needed to be taken back by the man we borrowed it from. In the rain.
When the sun came up the next morning, the rain had slowed and what was left behind was a sad reminder of what we had endured the night before. And a sign that the neighborhood was quickly going down the tubes.
Yep, this was our front yard view.
For a few days until we could get it cleaned up.
And then we continued to demolish the interior.
In the rain.
Right down to the aluminum skin.
When we had to employ the crow bar on the old linoleum floor, we learned that the sub floor was a total loss.
At that point, to our fortune, or misfortune, depending on how you look at it, we didn't realize or accept that the entire camper was a total loss. It might have been right around this time that we created the 4 week plan to total renovation. Ha!